Saturday, April 14, 2007

 

My Cats Will Understand!

I will continue to tell you about my departed friend. She was a shiny black smooth-coated puppy with brown stocking so dark you could only differentiate between black and brown in very bright sunlight at specific angles. She got frequent baths to keep her sparkling. And we gave her raw eggs and fish oil in her food to assist her beautiful hair.

Her health was always good up until her last two years. If I could have afforded cloning I would have had her DNA perserved. I don't know about you folks but finding the right dog isn't very easy.
When Care Bear came along we were looking for a great protector. And we hit the jackpot with our heroine pup! To find those qualities again might be somewhat difficult.

Instinctively she knew what her job was and she did it to profection. The first day we brought her home my daughter took her for a walk and she let the neighbor boy know he was too close. No biting, Care Bear did not bite, she didn't have too. When she spoke everyone listened!

I'd take her hiking most every time I went. I could sit and even nap without fear of harm. Once when I was sitting on a log resting before a steep climb, a couple stopped to talk. They were busy talking and in a jester the man took a step towards me. Care Bears was up between him and me so fast you'd have to run it back in slow motion to have seen her movements. She roared out her diapproval. Don't come any closer was her message. He didn't!

For a few minutes I thought the man might have a heart attack. He was very much frightened.
I quickly explained to them that my puppy was extremely protective. He understood! For thirteen years she protected and loved her family to the best of her abilities.

I will post pictures of my girl on the next blog.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?